- 1.5 lb SCD sausage cut into 1-in slices (I used ground turkey thigh sausage)
- 1+ tsp oil
- 1 med cabbage, cut into slices/wedges
- 1 C apple cider
- 1/2 C red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground white pepper
- 2 lg golden delicious apples, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
- apple cider vinegar
- In 4-5 QT Dutch oven cook onion and sausage in hot oil for 5-7 min or until lightly browned.
- Add cabbage, cider, salt & pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover & simmer for 15 min.
- Add apples & cook uncovered for 5-10 min more until cabbage is tender and cooking juices are reduced slightly.
- If desired, serve with cider vinegar drizzled on top.