Pork Patties or Meatballs
TACA website, adapted by Loraine
The amounts of ingredients don't have to be that exact - in practice I never measure them!
- 14 oz pork fillet (trace)
- 2 eggs OR 2 tbsp flaxseed meal made into a flax-goo *see below (3mg oxalates)
- 1/4 cup water - approx
- 2 tsp baking powder (0.2mg oxalates)
- 1 TBL flaxseed meal (1.5mg oxalates)
- 1/2 cup white cabbage - raw & shredded (1.9mg oxalates)
- 1/2 avocado (0.8mg oxalates)
Total oxalates is 7.4mg, about 1mg oxalate per patty.
- Put 2 TBL of flax into a small glass bowl, add 6 TBL water, & microwave for 40-60 secs. It gets a bit gooey. Leave to cool in the fridge and it gets even more gooey.
- Chop the pork in to 3cm cubes and boil in a saucepan of water for 15-20 min.
- Shred cabbage in blender.
- Mash avocado in blender or with a fork
- Drain the pork & mince in blender
- Add all ingredients to a bowl (except water) & mix well, add water to make it a little sloppy in consistency ( but not too wet)
- Using your hands form / squeeze into patties or meat balls.
- It makes approx 6-8 depending how large you like them.
- Bake 300C (375F) for approx 30 min.
The original recipe had 1/2 cup of breading - sometimes I add 1/4 cup of "Orgran"" white rice bread crumbs, but not always.
Sometimes my son eats them cold if we're out for a picnic tea.