- 500g chestnuts (trace oxalates)
- Small onion - chopped (2.4-oxalates = 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup frozen cranberries -chopped (1.2 oxalates)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (0.9 oxalates)
- 1/2 cup "Orgran" white rice bread crumbs (?trace)
- water to mix
Total is 4.5 oxalates = 1.1 per portion
- Soften onion - either sauté in pan or in microwave.
- Drain the chestnuts (I'm assuming they've already been soaked) and place in blender / liquidizer to chop them up.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl & mix.
- Add water to give the consistency of a stuffing mixture (about 1/2 cup)
- Spoon into glass dish (approx 20x20cm) - no need to grease it.
- Bake 200C (400F) for approx 40-45 mins (until browned / a little crispy on top)
- Cut into 4 portions
My son loves this as a change from rice: roast chicken & veg with chestnut stuffing is a favourite!
Also try replacing the cranberries with a small apple and some sausage meat (pre-cooked). It makes a nice stand alone meal for tea time.
Freezes well too