- 50gr chopped onion (about 1/2 onion) (1.0 mg oxalate)
- 1 cup apple juice (2.2mg oxalate)
- 4-5 chicken legs or thighs
- little white pepper
- salt to taste
- a little powdered garlic
- Some coconut oil (optional)
Oxalate content about 1mg per piece.
- Heat a pan and put the chicken skin down. If very lean or organic chicken, then put a little bit of coconut oil in the pan. (if chicken is very fatty, remove excess fat)
- Salt, pepper and powdered garlic on both sides.
- Let brown.
- Once browned, but not completely cooked add finely chopped onion.
- Let cook a little bit until onions are transparent.
- Add the apple juice and lower heat, covering pan.
- Check to see if there´s enough salt.
- Simmer for a few minutes, and you will see the apple juice starts to caramelize.
- Move pieces around to cover them completely in the onion/apple juice.